Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Medical Therapy of Congestive Heart Failure

This article is continuation of my previous article, Non-Medical Therapy of Congestive Heart Failure
Surgery

Heart valve repair or replacement. Cardiologists may recommend heart valve repair or replacement surgery to treat an underlying condition that led to congestive heart failure. Heart valve surgery may relieve your symptoms and improve your quality of life.
Coronary bypass surgery. Cardiologists may recommend coronary bypass surgery to treat your congestive heart failure if your disease results from severely narrowed coronary arteries.
Heart transplant. Some people who have severe congestive heart failure may need a heart transplant.
Myectomy. In a myectomy, the surgeon removes part of the overgrown septal muscle in your heart to decrease the blockage that occurs in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Surgeons may perform myectomy when medication no longer relieves your symptoms.

Medical devices

Ventricular assist device
Ventriculaar Assist Device

Ventricular assist device (VAD). When your weakened heart needs help pumping blood, surgeons may implant a VAD into your abdomen and attach it to your heart. These mechanical heart pumps can be used either as a "bridge" to heart transplant or as permanent therapy for people who aren't candidates for a transplant. Mayo Clinic offers VADs to many people who may have no other options.

Cardiac resynchronization therapy device

Cardiac resynchronization therapy device


Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device (biventricular cardiac pacemaker). A cardiac resynchronization therapy device (biventricular cardiac heart pacemaker) sends specifically timed electrical impulses to your heart's lower chambers. CRTs are suitable for people who have moderate to severe congestive heart failure and abnormal electrical conduction in the heart.
Internal cardiac defibrillator (ICD). Doctors implant ICDs under the skin to monitor and treat fast or abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias), which occur in some people who have heart failure. The ICD sends electrical signals to your heart if it detects a high or abnormal rhythm to shock your heart into beating more slowly and pumping more effectively.

Source: mayoclinic.org

2 comments:

  1. I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A number of my blog audience have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

    Also take a look at Best Kids Website Design and marketing solutions for pediatricians dentists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to quickly crave your indulgence and bring to your notice a powerful Herbal Doctor called Dr James  from West Africa, who in just  21 days of contact was able to cure me of HIV for 15 years as ARV consumption does not work but got me a fat belle, I was surfing the internet on my research on herbal alternative for HIV cure, I came across Mrs Stephanie Brown, Lori Hirst, Trisha Nelson and Mr Richmond Kelly, and others on their appreciation and testimonies on how Dr James cured  them of, Cancer,HIV/Aids, Alzheimer's disease, and Hepatitis B with his herbal mix medicine. Without no hesitation I picked up interest and contacted the same Dr James on his Email that was provided (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com), I told him about my HIV and my details, he told me not to be scared that he will cure me, and he as well gave me guarantee, he asked me to pay for the items which I did.in 2 days time he sent his herbal mix medicine, through SPEED POST COURIER SERVICE  which was delivered to my post office within 4 business days. I appreciated his honesty. I used his herbal drink for 21 days as he prescribed it to, believe me though I was cured of HIV when they all said HIV got no permanent cure. There is a cure to HIV/AIDS when herbal medicine is being used in the right proportion by a good herbal doctor like Dr James, the herbal gifted man. Am short of words to thank him and I have resorted to this medium of telling the world at large about him. His truly amazing and kind in helping any sick patients recover their healthy life, he does not charge. Just a small fees to send the herbal medicine to you anywhere in the world. He also told me he got cures for human diseases such as Alzheimer's diseases, Bed wetting cure, Schizophrenia, Cancer, Scoliosis, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, a Syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic diseases. Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, COPD, Diabetes, contact him today via email:  drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com believe me  You will surely testify just like me.

    ReplyDelete